Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
Townships and Villages banner
Block house at Fort Ripley. 1895

Block house at Fort Ripley. 1895
 
Morrison Census Information
 
Estab:  February 25, 1856
Parent County:  Benton
 
 
 
Morrison county with county seat
 

Southeast region of Minnesota Southwest region of Minnesota Northwest region of Minnesota Northeast region of Minnesota Central region of Minnesota

SEARCH FOR A NAME
 
Go to Mn. Place Names Home page
Morrison
Go to Morrison County Towns page
Go to Morrison Lakes & Streams page
Go to Morrison People page
Go to Morrison Other Items page
Go to Morrison names from other languages or places page
  Your search for Flensburg in Morrison County returned the following:

Morrison County

FLENSBURG, a city in Culdrum, platted in March 1890 by Olaf and Dagmar Searle, was named for a seaport and fjord of Schleswig, at that time a province of Prussia, adjoining Denmark. The post office began in 1892; the city was incorporated as a village on June 17, 1911, and separated from the township on March 19, 1918. After the Little Falls and Dakota Railroad was completed in 1882, there was a sidetrack to a mill, called Flen's Landing or Flynn's Siding, with a depot and named for J. C. Flynn of Little Falls, a teacher in the Little Falls schools in the late 1870s; later he was an inspector for the Northern Pacific Railroad and a representative in the state legislature.