Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
Townships and Villages banner
Hallock courthouse, 1910

Hallock courthouse, 1910
 
Kittson Census Information
 
Estab:  March 9, 1878
Parent County:  Unorganized Territory
 
 
 
Kittson county with county seat
 

Southeast region of Minnesota Southwest region of Minnesota Northwest region of Minnesota Northeast region of Minnesota Central region of Minnesota

SEARCH FOR A NAME
 
Go to Mn. Place Names Home page
Kittson
Go to Kittson County Towns page
Go to Kittson Lakes & Streams page
Go to Kittson People page
Go to Kittson Other Items page
Go to Kittson names from other languages or places page
  Your search for Lancaster in Kittson County returned the following:

Kittson County

LANCASTER is a city on the border of Poppleton and Granville Townships; it was incorporated as a village on September 30, 1905; the post office was first called Lanerow, 1903, changing to Lancaster in 1904 when the Soo Line came through and named for a railroad official believed to have come from Lancashire County, England. The first business was a hotel built by Bernard Johnson, followed by three grain elevators.