Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
Townships and Villages banner
St. Wenceslaus Church, New Prague,1939

St. Wenceslaus Church, New Prague,1939
 
Scott Census Information
 
Estab:  March 5, 1853
Parent County:  Dakota
 
 
 
Scott county with county seat
 

Southeast region of Minnesota Southwest region of Minnesota Northwest region of Minnesota Northeast region of Minnesota Central region of Minnesota

SEARCH FOR A NAME
 
Go to Mn. Place Names Home page
Scott
Go to Scott County Towns page
Go to Scott Lakes & Streams page
Go to Scott People page
Go to Scott Other Items page
Go to Scott names from other languages or places page
  Your search for Belle Plaine in Scott County returned the following:

Scott County

BELLE PLAINE Township, first settled in 1852-53, and its village, founded in 1854, were named by Hon. Andrew G. Chatfield, an associate justice of the supreme court of Minnesota Territory, who settled here in 1854. It is a French name, meaning "beautiful plain." The city of Belle Plaine, in Belle Plaine and St. Lawrence Townships, was incorporated as a borough on March 5, 1868; it has had a post office since 1854, the first postmaster being Edward P. Berry on his section 7 farm of Belle Plaine Township.