Due to scheduled maintenance, parts of MNHS.org will be inaccessible on Monday, November 24.
Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
Townships and Villages banner
St. Wenceslaus Church, New Prague,1939

St. Wenceslaus Church, New Prague,1939
 
Scott Census Information
 
Estab:  March 5, 1853
Parent County:  Dakota
 
 
 
Scott county with county seat
 

Southeast region of Minnesota Southwest region of Minnesota Northwest region of Minnesota Northeast region of Minnesota Central region of Minnesota

SEARCH FOR A NAME
 
Go to Mn. Place Names Home page
Scott
Go to Scott County Towns page
Go to Scott Lakes & Streams page
Go to Scott People page
Go to Scott Other Items page
Go to Scott names from other languages or places page
  Your search for Savage in Scott County returned the following:

Scott County

SAVAGE, a city in the northeast corner of Glendale, incorporated as a village on November 7, 1892, and separated from the township on March 5, 1920, after being called Hamilton during many years, was renamed in honor of Marion Willis Savage, who here owned a horse-training farm, with a covered track for practice in racing. He was born near Akron, Ohio, March 26, 1859; removed to Minneapolis in 1886 and engaged in manufacture of stock foods; purchased the world's champion racing horse Dan Patch for $60,000 in 1902; constructed the Dan Patch Electric Line railway from Minneapolis to Savage, Northfield, and Faribault; died in Minneapolis, July 12, 1916, on the next day after his famous horse died. The Dan Patch line soon afterward became insolvent, but in July 1918 it was purchased by a reorganized company, being renamed theMinneapolis, Northfield and Southern Railroad.