Townships and Villages banner
George Wohlhueter Mansion, Fairmont 1972

George Wohlhueter Mansion, Fairmont 1972
 
Martin Census Information
 
Estab:  May 23, 1857
Parent Counties:  Faribault, Brown
 
 
 
Martin county with county seat
 

Southeast region of Minnesota Southwest region of Minnesota Northwest region of Minnesota Northeast region of Minnesota Central region of Minnesota

SEARCH FOR A NAME
 
Go to Mn. Place Names Home page
Martin
Go to Martin County Towns page
Go to Martin Lakes & Streams page
Go to Martin People page
Go to Martin Other Items page
Go to Martin names from other languages or places page
  Your search for Welcome in Martin County returned the following:

Martin County

WELCOME, a city at the intersection of Manyaska, Fox Lake, and Rolling Green Townships, eight miles west of Fairmont, was named in honor of Alfred M. Welcome, whose farm lay at its southwest side. It was incorporated as a village on May 7, 1890, and separated from the townships on April 24, 1907. It was established in 1880 by the Southern Minnesota Extension Company on land owned by S. L. Campbell at a point called Campbell's Switch; the post office was established in July of 1881 as Lily Creek, but as that name was already in existence, the name was changed in September to Welcome.

 

Minnesota Historical Society· 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906· 651-259-3000   Copyright ©  2009
Send questions/comments about this web site to the Webmaster. View our Privacy Policy. Support MHS.