Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
Townships and Villages banner
Goodrich and Jennings Drugstore, Anoka 1891.

Display at Goodrich and Jennings Drugstore, Anoka 1891.
 
Anoka Census Information
 
Estab:  May 23, 1857
Parent County:  Ramsey
 
 
 
Anoka county with county seat
 

Southeast region of Minnesota Southwest region of Minnesota Northwest region of Minnesota Northeast region of Minnesota Central region of Minnesota

SEARCH FOR A NAME
 
Go to Mn. Place Names Home page
Anoka
Go to Anoka County Towns page
Go to Anoka Lakes & Streams page
Go to Anoka People page
Go to Anoka Other Items page
Go to Anoka names from other languages or places page
  Your search for Centerville Township in Anoka County returned the following:

Anoka County

CENTERVILLE, settled in 1850-52, was organized in 1857 and incorporated on September 27, 1910. Its village of this name, thence given to the township, was platted in the spring of 1854, having a central situation between the Mississippi and St. Croix Rivers. The settlers in the village and vicinity were mostly French, and this came to be known as the French settlement, while numerous German settlers in the western part of the township caused that to be called the German settlement. The post office was named Columbus, 1856-63, and then Centreville, 1863-93, before its current spelling, and was discontinued in 1905. The first sawmill in the county was built here in 1854 by Charles Peltier. In 1971 a number of streets were renamed to reflect its history; see also COLUMBUS Township.